Carpet Strip

hi - I am laying a new carpet on the landing above varnished wooden stairs. Rather than butting up to the stairs I want the carpet to end in a curve so that there is a quarter circle of exposed wooden landing . Catch is I dont know how best to fix the carpet! I cannot find any curved carpet strips or any info on how to do this. I am considering using some Tesa carpet tape to try and stick it down but I'm sure there must be a more elegant solution... any ideas gratefully received!

many thanks

Jon

Jon Cooper

If you stick it dow, you will kick it up and the edge will frey.

You could visit your local iorn worker and have an edge strip made, or make one from wood.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

To stop it fraying you could bind or blanket stitch it in a neutral or contrasting colour. This would look good and allow you then to stick it down.

Rob

Reply to
Robin Graham