Recent WHO advice on masks - FFP? Reference to over 60s. Long.

Which only slightly modifies the question. Do I believe that you have such an in depth knowledge of fluid mechanics that you can accurately predict the behaviour of a partly enclosed body of air, or do I believe that a team of researchers who have carried out controlled trials have got the answer right? Again, I go with the researchers.

Reply to
nightjar

Actually, for Bavaria: FFP2, equivalent or better, this being defined on theri homepage as:

FFP3 (Europa) N95 (NIOSH-42C FR84, USA), P2 (AS/NZ 1716:2012, Australien/Neuseeland), KF94 (Korea 1st Class KMOEL-2017-64) DS (Japan JMHLW-Notification 214,2018). KN95 (GB2626-2006, China)

This is not generally true. FFP2 masks with valves are specifically mentioned on the Bavarian ministry FAQ, as "should not be worn, as they do not protect others, as the wearer's aerosols exit freely."

Not true in the case of Germany, and Bavaria...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer