Re-wiring

IIRC, he was actually prosecuted for not having a weighing device which conformed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I recently asked for, and was given 1/2 lb of cheese (approx)- in a french supermarket. (this year)

You can buy /sell in any units as long as the measuring equipment is currently approved. So it is quite legal to buy a gallon of fuel from your Shell garage just so long as the pump measures out 4.5486-ish litres

There are loads of things in France sold in imperial measure, so while we are buying TV's in cm diagonal screen sizes, they're sold in France with screen sizes in inches!

John

John

Reply to
JTM

In message , JTM writes

Germany too

you can buy a pound of apples (albeit a 1/2 kilo,), the inch is called the "zoll", and horsepower are PS (Pferdestärke)

Reply to
geoff

JTM coughed up some electrons that declared:

They do that in China too: "English inches"

Reply to
Tim S

It's even funnier US to UK. A VDU will claim 22" monitor (US),

20" monitor (UK). It's the same one in the box, but US still do tube diagonal, which is now illegal in EU and must be the display area diagonal.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel