Re Washing machine not working

Update:

As it turned out it was the brushes on the motor.

Thanks to all for your input.

brushes £8 on ebay, a cheap fix.

Reply to
ss

Thank you for letting us know you got it working.

Reply to
Peter Parry

That was why I asked the question about the drum of course. I understand some now use brushless motors a bit like the ones that drive CD and dvd players. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes thanks to you guys it got sorted I would never have thought to check the brushes.

Before I push it back in to its proper situ I will replace the drum pulley wheel as I noticed a bit of play on that when the motor was out.

Reply to
ss