Re: Unusual MDF?

I saw some MDF yesterday that looked 'normal' until I noticed the cut edge -

> only the two flat surfaces looked like MDF, the core of the material was a > greenish grey colour. It seemed to be the same density and texture, but > ....... > > Is this something special? The house owner didn't have a clue about it, and > the builder doing the job wasn't around to ask ....

I have heard that there is a waterproof variant of MDF although never knowingly seen it. Maybe this is what you saw?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In article , Mike Faithfull writes

IIRC there is a fire resistant version that looks like this...

Reply to
tony sayer

MDF or chipboard? The water "resistant" chipboard used in bathrooms looks like this.

Reply to
Peter Parry

It sounds very much like waterproof MDF to me.

It has a green tint to the shavings and dust when you cut it and the stuff I have used has a green painted stripe on the edge.

If anyone is wondering I can confirm that it is waterproof and all but the thinnest strips have failed to warp after being left outside in a water filled bin for over 2 years!

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere