Re: There are no skilled workers left

> ...in this country.

He?s socially housed

Reply to
PW

I would have done but this was done by the council as part of an urban regenration to those who required to have it done ie FREE. But it seems alls they're giving is bloody shoddy workanship and fu**ing heartache to the residents of the properties they are allocating the work to.

Reply to
George

So are you saying the poor old roofer has to patch it up with various pieces and not one piece? I've only just had it done 2.5 weeks ago and I caused a stink with the firm hence it being done again now. Slightly better but looks like some things have fell on deaf ears as the whole reason for the complaint was of the nature it being patched and affixed to the damn window sill so they can skimp on flashing.

Reply to
George

In message , George writes

At least you got work done, many years ago when we lived in a council property we used to get letters asking if we were satisfied with the work that had been carried out. Apparently we'd had double glazing, a new kitchen and a new combi boiler installed (probably a fiddle by the workers!) in the space of a couple of months but all this work had been miraculously completed by workmen who didn't actually enter the property and left everything looking exactly as it did before they fitted the new stuff.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Why not? If that is how the repair can only be carried out then that's how it will be done - especially if the shapes to be cut in the felt are 'complicated' - remember, I have not seen the job, so I am working off limited information.

Do you have a photo that can be uploaded to

and the link to it posted here?

Felt roof epairs can be problematical and not pretty looking, but perfectly serviceable - even with 'standing' water on it - and you may be asking the roofing firm to carry out an impossible task in trying to make the repair 'look pretty'.

The felt is 'normally' turned up under a lead flashing that in the case of a roof repair is left in place and the lead dressed down over the felt. Why was it necessary to fix the flashing to the window cill?

George, I'm not being deliberately pedantic, but in my opinion, if the leaking felt is more than five years old, it is very often more economical and aesthetic to get it replaced rather than repaired - especially if it is a small area such as a bay roof.

Is this not an option to be considered in this case, and negotiating a price reduction with the roofing firm in view of the recent problems?

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

We'd rather do anything ourselves than have anyone else do it - at any price.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What?s this nonsense got to do with D-I-Y Cant you find a Whinging-council-tenant-chat-group

Reply to
PW

The doors that way.....................>

if you dont like it.

Reply to
George