Re-stuffing A Couch

Anyone know anyhting about the construction of leather sofas .I have a three seater and I always sit at the one end which has resulted in that particular part having sunk down compared to the other parts . I was thinking of turning it upside down and I know that the bottom is covered with a sort of nylon/hessian type material .If I take this off to expose the innards will I be faced with the usual canvas (?) strapping which supports the seat filling? If so is it a case of getting access to the filling and stuffing some more in to level it up with the rest .Whats the filling likely to be ?

Stuart

Reply to
fictitious

presumably

normally its the straps that go. You'd need new straps, and they need to applied tensioned. Its a bit of a pain though, and you want decent straps for them to last.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Usually yes. Occassionally it will have tension or serpentine springs (useful site this)

If so is it a case of getting access to the filling and stuffing some

Springs may have gone, or come away. Serpentine type often snap. Webbing maybe loose. Fillings are mainly HR foam often with a polyester wadding topping to add a bit of 'loft' to the fabric.

Depends a bit on how old the suite is & how expensive it was. Easy enough to sort out though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman