Re: Speedfit (inept fitter causes) catastophic failure.

down. On inspection the O ring had been pushed out of its housing

> ring and was bunched up further down the fitting. The pipe inserted

Wow, shows what sort of a job a 'pro' can manage. And you don't have any copper either? I guess you don't keep spares or tools at IMM mansions. Must all be down at that commercial unit.

Tip: Don't take it apart and fiddle with all the bits before wrongly re-assembling it next time. Use Equator to avoid the temptation to meddle.

Reply to
Toby

You are right .....when using inferior fittings. Best avoided.

Reply to
IMM

SpeedFit fittings can't be taken apart like Hep ones. But I've gotta say, I've never had any problems with either make.

Reply to
Grunff

Yes they can, I have one here in pieces. Though this is one of the "tiwst lock" ones which also seem to hold better.

As a test I tried pulling a pipe out of a locked Speedfit fitting, and they don't come out. Unlike the earlier ones... ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

That would be difficult. There isn't any above any ceilings.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's worse!! Your foundations are going to go.

Reply to
IMM

Don't be silly...

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Don't you have foundations? Or is your house on stilts?

Reply to
IMM

It's used in part of the secondary heating circuit, and in the highly unlikely event that a failure were to occur, approximately 6 - 8 litres of water would escape, being the contents of the expansion vessel. I don't somehow think that that would affect the foundations.

I also read the instructions and used the recommended pipe cutter, curve formers etc.

I don't bodge things or do them on the cheap, you see.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That is nice to know. Pity you know nothing of the design.

Reply to
IMM

There's very little *to* know.

You follow the instructions and it works without problems.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

tsk, tsk.

Reply to
IMM

AH HA! catastopic becomes catastropic (again).

Reply to
Suz