Re: Securing insulated plasterboard to steel lintel

You raise an interesting point. I was just thinking about the insulation properties to be honest, and there's nothing on the architect's drawings about fire protection, yet they carry such detail for the steel beams over the openings to the house (which the building inspector has also mentioned).

Do lintels over doors opening generally received additional fire protection? I might be able to squeeze in some 15mm fireboard instead of the 12.5mm PB I was going to use but space is tight.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

" I have used this product and found the bond strength good, but only has a B2 fire rating as far as i'm aware. Most plaster boards has a 1 hr fire rating so you must be careful what you use to stick the boards up with. I have also used a Illbruck product which is in my opinion far superior and it also has a B1 fire rating which is a true fire rated product. look for PU010 panel adhesive on the illbruck web site, this in my opinion is the correct product to use for this application. "

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks Alan; will take a look.

Reply to