Re: Raindrops keep falling on my sill...

We've recently moved into a flat, the windows of which have large,

> protuding UPVC sills. When it rains, the noise of the droplets hitting > the sill is so loud that we've twice retreated to the bedroom at the > rear. As the sill is obviously hollow, would I be able to pump > expanding foam in or, my favourite, cut the things off almost flush > with the window frame and then close the resulting gap with section > made from the removed sill? Any other suggestions/solutions?

Stick a solar panel over the head of the window - and then try claiming FIT for it!

Or you could try sticking a plastic head on the window - a man with you're range of knowledge should be able to do that with no problems (sarcasm intended)

As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too ashamed to say that you've down-sized your property and had to leave the solar panels behind?

Reply to
Unbeliever

Stick a solar panel over the head of the window - and then try claiming FIT for it!

Or you could try sticking a plastic head on the window - a man with you're range of knowledge should be able to do that with no problems (sarcasm intended)

As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too ashamed to say that you've down-sized your property and had to leave the solar panels behind?

Reply to
Unbeliever

As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too

Was not that harry, as opposed to Harry?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

>>As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too

Well, t'aint me.

Reply to
harryagain