Re: OT yes it has...

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better!

Reply to
Broadback

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Suits me, but it still dominates the news.

Reply to
Smolley

For once I agree with Jim (and congratulate on him getting very close to the OT: prefix). ;-)

I think for me the biggest issue with a lot of it is that fanaticism of some of it's followers and how tribal some of them can be, wearing their clan colours etc.

And what happened to H&S where it's 'ok' for several people to stand in a field and someone throws a javelin that lands close to their feet?

When there isn't much sport / athletics on they seem to be able to fill the schedules with other stuff so why not keep all sport / athletics on a channel(s) dedicated to such?

From a social viewpoint, I wonder how many people 'go along' with the following of sport of some sort because if they don't they might be left out (of their social group), considered 'strange'? Eg, it's sorta expected for 'blokes' (and ladettes) to follow football (specifically) and support a team or two and be willing and able to talk BS on the subject at any time?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

or full program here if you have a login

tim...

So why are the BBC showing re-runs of previous games on BBC2 every day ?

Does Salt'n'Lineker get repeat fees ?.

Reply to
Andrew
<snip>

(snipping will be your next lesson, once you have fully mastered the OT:) ;-)

I don't mind being excluded when it's my choice, just not when it overwhelms everything else.

I bet it's still a minority of folk who are obsessed with sport of one sort or another.

I find women's football slightly less boring for some reason. ;-)

A mates Mrs is into 'Wimbledon'. At least he get's a few weeks (is it?) peace and quiet doing exactly what he wants. ;-)

I agree but I'm not sure it could get much worse. Hopefully, once they have all got used to not hugging and kissing each other when they score a goal because of Covid, they might go back to doing something more British like a swift handshake or a subtle nod. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, well, I never even noticed the lack of sport, mostly cos its as interesting to me as a cardboard model of Edward Heath. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I once worked near Glasgow for a short while and the lads I worked with offered to take me to a Rangers Celtic match. One then approached me and in a quiet whisper asked me " are you Protestant or catholic". Obviously gave the right answer as he said " Oh good. Wouldn't want you to be in the wrong end. You'll be safe with us".

Reply to
bert

David Sullivan quote?

Reply to