Re: OT That's all the stress and relief released.

But I do draw the line at getting complaints (when parked outside

> my house), from commuters who say I'm parked in 'their' space!

Ask to see the deeds to "their" piece of road.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Might be a bad idea, in t'olden days, deeds were drawn up showing ownership of the whole plot out to the middle of the road. Yes the road will have been adopted (so anyone with a tax disc can use it) but the registry entry may still show the full outline.

Reply to
fred

My deeds inform me of my ownership of half the road. Tf I don't have to repair it.

Reply to
grimly4

I consider myself thoroughly out-pikeyed. Do you have any dags?

Reply to
grimly4

Given the state of the roads round here I think the council bods have seen the deed boundaries and gone, Tf we don't have to repair it . . . .

Reply to
fred

I was looking at the deeds for someone else's house. It said they owned up to the centre line of the road, but they have to let everyone else use that land. Effectively, they have less rights to park outside their house than anyone else does. Apparently, this is very common.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

En el artículo , ARWadsworth escribió:

Oh yeah. Neighbours had a party last week - no problem - except their lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, fuckwitted guests parked two or three cars deep outside their house despite there being loads of free parking spaces a couple of minutes walk away.

Not a problem if all the cars belonged to party guests, but on three occasions I had to go out and remonstrate with fuckwits blocking MY car in. By the third one I was getting rather sweary too. These were all middle aged-to-elderly people who one would have thought would know better.

Neighbour had the decency to come round and apologise, but I told him he needn't be apologising for the thoughtlessness and selfishness of his guests - if anyone was going to be apologising, it should be them.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Mike Tomlinson writes

He could spotted the problem and asked them to clear the double parking without having to be asked. That's what I would have done but wouldn't have needed to as my friends a) wouldn't have been so inconsiderate and b) like a good bucket so wouldn't have been driving.

Reply to
fred