Priming new interior wood

Do I need to buy a special primer for some new pine wood that will be getting painted (glossed). Its only 10 feet of skirting so dont want to go and spend a few £s as I would need very little. I have loads of gloss and emulsion.

thanks

Reply to
ss

For 10 feet I'd Use the emulsion. Acrylic primer/undercoat is said to be tougher but what the hell.

Reply to
stuart noble