Re: [OT] Car insurance craziness

Spoilsport! Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Oh, come on, that's not like you!! Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

OK, just to clarify the definition of "say 98%". I was referring to consumer market PCs. This, I think, is "uk.d-i-y" newsgroup, which to me means that it is a hopefully skilled, amateur, consumer oriented public forum. I've never seen a consumer oriented PC using other than Microsoft being sold over the past 3 years in the English(sometimes!) speaking markets. Walmart have tried to sell various flavours of Linux, but the penetration is too low to register. As I said, if the number of participants is less than the nominal 98% then the group is failing to attract a wide enough user base. This may suit the current users, but all organisations which I have seen which did not maximise their market penetration have failed to survive! Anyway, it's been most entertaining. OT- I found a pack of 60 Stanley knife blades in the local £ shop yesterday, someone may be interested. Sorry Geoff, I don't think they travel down wires. Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I expect you'd fail an exam on Basingstoke...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I wish!

Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

Best thing to do, I reckon.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

But that requires a functional brain

Reply to
geoff

In message , Capitol writes

Just tired

Reply to
geoff

In message , Capitol writes

CPC messed up one of my orders I asked for 100, they sent 500 - enough for me for the time being

Reply to
geoff

Sounds like a M$ press release to me :-)

No, what it shows is that the majority of posters to this NG are smarter than your average PC user.

Look, I know that you've lost face here, but this isn't Japan, there's no need to commit hari-kiri(sp?)!

Reply to
parish

Sticks and stones........................

Reply to
Essjay001

I don't think it is a hanging crime to let down a town in Berkshire, and just because someone in London gets lost from time to time it doesn't necessarily mean that they are a complete idiot. However, I fail to see what this has to do with DIY. Perhaps a bit of thinking before posting before thinking would be a Good Thing. It all started with the political arguments and look how downhill things have gone since then. Usenet political arguments seem to invariably generate more heat than light and can even destroy newsgroups. Why is it when people have nothing of value to say, they say it? Dignified silence, that's the way I do it. Makes you look far more intelligent and learned.

John Schmitt

--

My other .sig is also a .sig

Reply to
John Schmitt

Reply to
Capitol

What do you think this is uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Essjay001

Well, as far as I'm concerned (SA pre rev-T) RO4 actually provided some small performance/speed benefits over RO3.7. I gather that if my SA was a rev-T or later I'd have seen even more improvements. I like the F+ format (long names/small FAU) although the idea of keeping a drive map in RAM is a bit odd to my mind (mine takes 1 meg)... but then it's never (yet) been a problem, despite a few power-switch shutdowns. So, IME only, a later OS certainly hasn't "consumed yet more of the uP's horsepower".

OTOH, CLI -> Arthur -> RO2 -> RO3.1 probably did.

To go back a few steps...

Is probably me and me alone.

Hwyl!

M.