Re: [OT] Car insurance craziness

It was my understanding 3.70 cured a few bugs.

I haven't bothered either.

Nothing wrong with not wanting the latest thing regardless.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A RO4 machine passed through my hands. I can't say that I saw any significant improvements, nor did I particularly like it.

It seems to me that the main thing that each new OS does is consume yet more of the uP's horsepower. I paid for that horsepower, it is *mine*, and I resent a fat+weak OS that wastes much of it on doing the pretty bells and whistles.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Personally, I don't see the problem. OE does what I want and I probably does what most people want. The only problem I can see is it uploads e-mails with viruses, but Mail Washer fixes that.

OK so maybe you want your newsreader to dance and whistle dixie, but whats the gain? I know there are better because other people keep telling me and vendors keep bombarding me with adverts, but why bother, at the end of the day its only fashion to have the latest gizmo, newest car, latest mobile etc etc and I gave up being a slave to fashion in the 60's

Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

And when was the last time you read the hiway code.

And before you ask I read parts of it that were pertinent to me that day, only last week

Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

Fuck I whish I was as good as you :~(

I think you need to get your head out of your arse.

Reply to
Essjay001

In a court of law the prosecution would tend to use the information in the highway code, regardless of whether it was legislated or not.

If you think about it a "law" is a rule by which we are expected to abide in our civilised society, it says "this is right, that is wrong", essentially.

So if it's in the highway code then the emphasis is on it being the correct practice to use in a given situation. Do something else and you might find yourself on the wrong end of a prosecution case.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Never. But I have an up to date copy of the Highway Code here.

Well, go through it and see which parts are rules and which recommendations. I'll give you a clue - those bits which are backed by law are printed in red, and say MUST/MUST NOT

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I don't - I'm using RISCOS with an e-mail prog that's several years old. But easy to use, and conforms to what the *majority* of people want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

And you are ...........................?

Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

It can't even do that properly :-)

parish

So why are the majority not using it?

Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

You can't be prosecuted for breaking a law that doesn't exist. However, if you were involved in an accident, say, where you'd ignored the rules of the HC that aren't law this could be taken into consideration.

It's all explained in the HC introduction.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Boy, that thread was good!!! Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

In message , John Armstrong writes

... ...

So we're a dysfunctional newsgroup then ... woopee

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
Essjay001

I take it you failed arithmetic at school?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

No but you obviously failed Reading and comprehension Steve R

Reply to
Essjay001

since 88% of replies by OE users (compared with 99% by others) are not top posted, it can't be too difficult to do it properly.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Not mastered the use of capitals yet then?

Reply to
geoff

Sorry folks, but Tony's wife is the Catholic. I understand that it's a mixed marriage. Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol