Re: Kitchen plans

Can soemone please help with soem advice....

> I'm desperate to "rennoavte" my grotesque mock country kitchen (pine) > reckon I'll piant the doors but I will need new worktop (dreading it > but will try to DIY) and wall and floor tiles. > > having fijished my 3 month bathroom rennovation (not a big room, juts > slow worker) the though of lifting up the horrible (bluie) floor tile > fills me with dread. So I thought I'd either tile, or laminate ove > the exisiting tiles. I know there's laminate flooring that's suitbal > for kitchens - called Aqua loc I think. > So here are the questions > 1. Tiling/laminate over exisiting tiles - it is sensible???(reckon > will have to cut down kitchen kick panels and door architrave) and ca > I use regular floor adhesive? > 2. Laminate (aqua loc) in a Kitchen - is that sensible?

B&Q do a whole range of click system laminate that can be used in th kitchen. Just check the different types/grading before buying as the have all kinds of wearing factors like water resistance, impac resistance, wear etc.

Tese can easily be installed over existing tiles as long as they ar level (no bumps of sudden dips). Lay a good thick DPM sheet down ove the entire floor to be on the safe side to stop damp rising an effecting the floor, then lay some underlay board (about 10mm or s thick normally) next, before putting down the laminate.

Yes, you will need to slice some of the plinth off so the laminate ca run under, but only by a max of 15mm or so.

Tis also possible to tile on tiles, but check the different adhesive around for one that can do this

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy