Re: JCB sds drill

In article , stuart noble weaken it and do the rest with a club hammer and chisel.

Did you have a 'pointy' chisel? I find that best for strong concrete, although really decent stuff will defeat an SDS drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:13:26 +0100, "stuart noble" do the rest with a club hammer and chisel. Knife through butter it wasn't,

After reading this thread I decided to buy myself a 'cheapo' SDS 'Hammer' I bought the Challenge one from Argos, £34.95 TBH it looks to me that it comes from the same 'stable' as the screwfix 'cheapy' the difference is that it comes complete with a couple of chisels, three decent drills, plus a chuck and shaft, depth rod, spare carbon brushes and a case. I tried it out today and FWIW it seems damn good value for money, Machinemart sell one without the extras that looks the same as this one for £117 !

John

Reply to
druid

Argos are great value for good DIY power tools.

Reply to
IMM