Re: Illegal in Canada!

... and yer could 'ave steak and chips for an 'apeny and Hovis........

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

By 1972 I was looking after five children. Spouse was on a student grant, we'd never been so well off!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary, those were the days, before the Wicked Witch came along and plunged the good people of our land in to poverty and desperation.

Reply to
IMM

So they didn't teach him what was causing it then?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It isn't nice to talk about Cherie like that.....

Her husband's just a front man - she works him up the back.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Maggie worked Dennis, and not very well either. You could see her lips move and the puppet moved and babbled a lot.

Reply to
IMM

He knew by then and had had the unkindest cut of all ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Are there any nice things to say about her ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

None that I can think of.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, I got it this time and it seems that there's 24 hour coverage of all USA ...

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes, but it's almost all on local FM radio stations and satellite radio.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What if the two TVs are both owned by only one member of the couple?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

We were originally talking about short wave, that was all.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, I didn't realise that. Sorry. I've only just seen the cross posting ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hi Mary: You on this ng too! Three pounds six shillings and threepence ha'penny was my first net pay cheque in September 1952! Since in those days there were four US dollars to the pound that was roughly

13 dollars for a 44 hour week. I didn't get paid to go to night school (three to four nights a week) for which I paid the tuition myself. I recall my first text book cost 30 shillings, then about six US dollars! Still have it! BTW can you recall that commonly we used to call a half crown (two shillings and sixpence) coin which was one eighth of a pound, a half dollar? As in "Lend me half a dollar til payday". I do recall as a schoolboy dropping my glass 6K7 for the first radio I built; at around age 13-14. At around the equivalent of one and half dollars (war surplus) it cost two to three weeks pocket money to replace! :-( By now we probably have North American readers completely baffled with all this shillings and sixpence stuff?????? Regards Terry..
Reply to
Terry

socshul sicurity scrounger.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They have not done anything illegal. It is not different than avoiding tax.

Reply to
IMM

Er - I've only recently seen that it was cross posted! I thought I was on the diy one ...

If I'd known you then, rich boy ... !

Yes. a dollar was five shillings - it was about that exchange rate, as you said.

I never borrowed. My father borrowed from me though and paid me 2/6 in the pound interest!

It could have been worse, we could have mentioned tanners, bobs, sheets, florins - or even groats, marks and angels :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

services which

The World Service is paid for by the FO. Therefore I pay towards it even tho'I don't have a TV licence.

brgds A

Reply to
AM