Re: Heated Towel Rail

> > I'm thinking about putting one of these in my bathroom, replacing the > > radiator that is in there at the mo. > > Couple of questions > > 1 Anyone brought one online from a reliable firm. > > I've bought a couple of the screwfix ones and they've been fine. > > > > 2 I would like a tall thin ladder type, but not sure the correct/best way of > > fitting it to the orignal pipework. The rad i would be removing is a 800mm, > > the towel rail i would think is more like 300-400mm. How is this done? > > Move one or both of the pipes? > >

I to ohave used the Screwfix ones. To maintain the same power rating as the old rad, which was approx 750w, I used the taller of the screfix ladder rads around 1100mm high. BTW I went for a white colour one for asthectic reasons but noted that they are higher power out than the same size in chrome..

In 2 bathrooms where I fitted these, both feed pipes had to be extended because ladder rads input points are generally higher than normal rad anyway. In my case this wasn't too difficult as the pipes are microbore and the walls are the hollow stud type.

Reply to
BillV

We have two of them; a chrome in the ensuite and a white one in the bathroom. Both very nice.

Reply to
Grunff

The pipework has to be altered. If you have a suspended wood floor, this is relatively easy to do neatly - you cut and extend under the floor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)