Seeking a heated towel rail...

...but I want over 500watts(1700 btu). The ones that fit the requirement tend to be either massive or very clunky looking ones based around an old fashioned looking school radiator.

I think I need one that is part radiator- part towl rail but I want a nodern appearance.

Any pointers

Reply to
DerbyBorn

inevitable, rails just don't get you 500w

The only pointer is to rethink what you want. It might be worth including in your thoughts some oddballs like a long wraparound towel rail, or a hidden fanned heater.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I fitted surpisingly cheap wet rads that are chrome plated ladders etc.

The disdvantage is they are coupled to the heating timers not independent

Would this fit the bill?

The Natural Philosopher

Snag with a towel rail is the output to the room varies depending on how many towels you have on it.

Mine runs from the central heating. With no towels, it just about works to keep the room warm. Covered with towels, forget it. So I added a rad elsewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have just fitted one of these

claims to be 970W, but I will have to wait until next winter to find out if that is enough to heat the room and dry towels.

They do a smaller one at 700W

Reply to
Chris B

Chris B snipped-for-privacy@salis.co.uk> wrote in news:qdqsvp$4j9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I am going for one of those - in chrome but adding a tall narrow radiator on another wall.

Reply to
DerbyBorn