Does nitrile 2 part rubber exist

I'm very aware 2-part RTV silicone rubber exists at various moduli, but need something that is more oil resistant and can be moulded into a gasket of sorts.
Any ideas?
On 10/06/2019 21:52, Fredxx wrote:

Frankly no. I think nitrile needs fairly sophisticated kit to make - isn't it moulded and vulcanised like tyres are made?
There are various 'liquid gaskets' products that might be worth a look

Thanks, I was rapidly coming to that conclusion.
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 21:52:36 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

No idea on the 2-part, but I found that ordinary rubber washers don't like oil and petrol (why oh why are petrol 'cans' supplied without a washer twixt spout and can?). I got some Viton sheet from ebay and that's been OK.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 11/06/2019 07:25, PeterC wrote:

Nitrile is normally the default for O rings or any washers exposed to hydrocarbons (i.e. oil, petrol, diesel, white spirit, etc). Viton is even more chemical-resistant but at a price.
Cheap petrol cans come with simple moulded spouts that usually seal OK without a washer.
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 10:47:30 +0100, newshound wrote:

Next door's had the cheap one and it leaked when pouring. Mine has a proper 'top' for the spout and the fuel pisses out of that! I made a Viton washer and it's OK now. Leaking petrol is bad enough when doing a car - for a hot mower, where the engine and tank are rather close together...!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 11/06/2019 10:47, newshound wrote:

I was hoping to make a gasket from a liquid or gloop and allow to settle and harden.
I see there are some liquid gaskets of unknown providence but haven't found any known materials that are resistant to mineral oils and can flow into a mould.
On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 20:35:38 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:

paper pulp?
NT

I don't feel that is going to offer a very good seal.
On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 21:51:48 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:

it's not ideal in many respects, but works well enough on engines
NT
On 11/06/2019 20:35, Fredxx wrote:

provenance
but haven't

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk /#!/resin-gel-silicone-adhesive/casting-resin/Xencast-PX60-Medium-Flexible-Polyurethane-Rubber.html
--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,

Is it petrol resistant?
AJH

There seems to be two types of PU rubber.
From: https://gallaghercorp.com/polyurethane-chemical-resistance/
In general: Polyester type polyurethane is more resistant to oils, solvents, and weak acids/bases. And polyether type polyurethane is more resistant to water exposure.
I would say NT's link is for the latter as it doesn't mention resistance to oils and fuels.
On 11/06/2019 20:35, Fredxx wrote:

Most of the automotive ones are silicone, and although compatibility charts show it as incompatible with mineral oil, it works fine when present as a thin layer in a joint face, because so little surface area is exposed. Whether you can get these usually somewhat gelatinous products to flow into a mould very much depends on the shape of the mould.