Re: George Floyd's Unreported Past

By all fleeing the country too?

Didn't realise you were 200 years old. It explains things, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most people tend to contribute to the country by paying their due taxes.

But not freeloaders like Doom - he wants to do it with chocolate bars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Yes he lives outside Islington, the borough served by the BBC.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

You are if you wish to watch any live TV, even if it is not BBC output.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Says the man who worked "freelance"

Reply to
bert

In article , Caecilius writes

Nice thought. Now go do a shift with a US PD and see how you can cope with the prospect of being shot at every time you approach someone.

Reply to
bert

I'm sure that makes sense to you. Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then take that up with those who make the law of the land. I'll give you a hint. It's not the BBC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Still not seen that doctor?

Perhaps you think freelances don't pay taxes. I've got news for you...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

From the days when the UK was great...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think you should listen to this interesting documentary, addressing in part the training of US police officers, on R4 the other day:

... because the mindset you just expressed is - to an extent - trained into US police officers; but that mindset is unhelpful, unnecessary, and leads to the results we are discussing.

#Paul

Reply to
#Paul

Radio 4 is in no small way responsible for fomenting the disorder we are seeing lately. The BBC in general and R4 in particular have been drip-feeing the slavery narrative with ever increasing frequency over the past few years in an obvious attempt to stir up trouble. No one who continually opens up old sores means well. If they *truly* wished to heal divisions in society they would not be continually doing this.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Perhaps what to you are "old sores", are to others still unhealed wounds. So another point of view, for example, might be expressed as "No one who continually dismisses unhealed wounds means well".

#Paul

Reply to
#Paul

Are you mary Whitehouse? Listen avidly to a service you hate to give you something to moan about?

But try moaning about the broadcast in your own country first, rather than ones you don't pay for.

But then you supporting slavery is no surprise at all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'Backing Britain' is one of those favourite phrases for politicians and the likes of Doom - for others to comply with, never themselves.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

many of them don't pay their 'fair share' because they are using a variety of fiddles like paying dividends to avoid NI or even taking 'loans' from an intermediate that is never paid back, in lieu of salary.

Some of the latter are being chased (belatedly) by HMRC for big 6-digit sums.

Reply to
Andrew

Did the Allegro have any paint on the underside of the doors ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I was looking at HOnest Johns website yesterday at the article on scrappage. Some manufacturers are offering up to £4K scrappage, but Dacia only offer £250 off a Duster :-(

Reply to
Andrew

Have you tried seeing a doctor these days ?. Almost impossible.

Reply to
Andrew

+1000

Especially to the BBC. You need to listen to the midnight news or the 6AM news bulletin when R4 just, might diseminate something that it would prefer you not to hear. And you won't hear it again on any news bulletin or program through the day.

Reply to
Andrew