Re: gaslecy

It's that way round for us, too.

Reply to
GB

Look at the prices per kW hour for both fuels and the number of kW hours consumed of both.

You may be surprised!

Reply to
Terry Casey

you tell us...

but my lekky bill is getting on for twice the gas one.

Reply to
John Rumm

My lekky bill is infintely larger than gas, no gas... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Jim GM4DHJ ... presented the following explanation :

Ouch!!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated :

It is in proportion to my bill, though quite a bit more. Gas CH, gas HW (inc baths), gas cooking, electric shower and etc..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I was paying AUD $750.00 in Australia for electricity per Quarter.

Reply to
FMurtz

Electricity sounds high, assuming you use gas for water and space heating. Winter costs here are about £45 for gas, £35 for electricity.

Of passing interest maybe, I just put in a bath shower mixer tap fed by the combi boiler, to replace the feeble electric shower. Works very well indeed. Anyway, the cost of a 5 minute shower roughly identical - 8p.

Reply to
RJH