gaslecy

Only you can tell by looking at the bills and useage. Have you ever switched supplier and if you have when does(did) that contract end?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

About the same for me for gas and leccie. It's water I object to: about £100 a month. This is in a two person household.

Ant.

Reply to
anonymousrapscallion

on 30/11/2018, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com supposed :

£20 per month here, consider getting a meter..
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm on a bloody meter! My bills skyrocketed since metering. I don't have a swimming pool and I don't piss it away in the garden all year round. The fact is that Yorkshire Water is f****ng expensive, especially if you live in a decent area. It amuses me to hear complaints about energy bills when water is my biggest one.

Ant.

Reply to
anonymousrapscallion

Don't flush so often. "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down." (Mine's unmetered so I don't care.)

Reply to
Max Demian

I do all that yellow/mellow nonsense. I do it to the point where my wife nearly gips with the smell of stale piss and has introduced toilet apartheid (her upstairs, me downstairs). I do this not out of tightness, but for amusement. I can afford the bill, but it pisses me off.

Some suggested we must have a leak. I don't think so. Water is just expensive round here.

Ant

Reply to
anonymousrapscallion

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Don't move to Wirral then, where we support two separate lots of fat cats for water vs sewage. Our waste is treated and pumped into the sea in England, so we pay the Welsh, our water comes from Wales and we pay the English.

Unmetered, the cost is astronomic. Total charges, when I last did the sums compared with prices for London, for metered supplies were equally way off the scale.

Reply to
Bill

Time for rain catchment maybe to flush bogs. And perhaps bathroom sink output to flush loos. £100pcm is rather high.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I pay equivalent of £33/month (ie £400/year) for electricity and no gas bill. You need to get organised

Reply to
harry

You need to get organised. My total energy bill is £400/year. (NO gas) And I have an electric car.

Reply to
harry

Read your meter at night and then in the morning. If it has moved, you have a leak. (Unless someone flushed the bog at night) Consider rainwater harvesting.

Reply to
harry

I'm on Southern Water, and Yorkshire Water charges are much lower for waste treatment, which is always the major part of the bill (per m^3): Southern - Supply £1.365, Waste £2.390 Yorkshire - Supply £1.348, Waste £1.6718

Our water bill is about £30 a month; yours is much too high. You have a leak, and are paying heavily for it.

It might be worth checking with a couple of neighbours (in similar circumstances) to see if they also have high water bills like yours. If not, you could well have a leak between the meter and your house. Even thousands of litres a week will not show, particularly if you are on sandy soil.

Or just type "leak" into the page at

where one of the replies includes "We can check whether the amount of water you are using is in line with the average amount of water people who live in a similar household use." It will only cost you a phone call to YW.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

as we are not metered I was thinking of putting in a water pressure supply electric generator .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

shocking

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

bring back the three gallon flush I say ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

OOI What are you paying per cubic metre?

Reply to
John Rumm

Electric cooker probably. Immersion heater for hot water possibly. Electric shower for all we know.

If the OP doesn't give more details, there's no way to know whether his electricity bill is high.

Reply to
Max Demian

That's a staggering amount for water. Given YW's standing charge of £36, and water/waste charge of about £3/m3, you're using over 30m3 a month - enough for over 5 baths a day each.

RJH