Re: Combi-Boiler Choice- ?Alpha any good

< snip amateurish misinformed garbage >
Reply to
IMM

A number of us have tried the "let's explain this one step at a time approach". Andy has a lot more faith/perserverance than others. We have been around the loop with IMM a few times now over a number of subjects, it's usually good for a laugh for everyone else.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It's certainly generated some good put down lines

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, stick to looking at the pcb's.

Reply to
IMM

Stick to replacing the diverter valve on Vaillents. Best leave the thinking to others.

Reply to
IMM

'Zone valves, etc' require a basic understanding of electricity to install. Guess why our resident 'expert' doesn't like them...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It is interesting to watch in a way, but he seems to live in a world totally governed by "rules of thumb". If he does not have one to hand for the topic, then he will just grab one from the nearest web page, and then cling to it for all he is worth, even when clearly it's way beyond reason. I suppose it might be a result of a complete lack of analytical / scientific reason, or perhaps even a lack of basic mathematical ability. Hence a rule of thumb is a simple way to overcome some of these limitations that does not require taxing thought, vis:

Not able work out the actual pipe sizes required for your gas feed based on flow resistances and pressure drops? apply rule "Install 22mm direct to meter"

Don`t understand heat loss calcs? apply rule "you need 400mm of insulation and tin foil under your tiles".

and so on...

Even uses if for politics: Difficulty applying observational reason or historical precedent to political situations? apply rule of thumb "All political ills can be solved by sticking with Tone"

Had you latest bright idea torn to shreds on usenet? apply rule "Snip rational argument from post, and replace with insult or non sequitur, hope no one notices!"

Reply to
John Rumm

The pcb's what?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

... and the spelling??

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

< snip inane drivel >
Reply to
IMM

I rest my case ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

How heavy is your case?

Reply to
IMM

The three above posts really did cause me to LOL making my colleagues turn to look. I considered trying to explain the joke but rapidly realised you had to be there.

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Hah! that's you told, Andy... ;-)

Reply to
Lobster

It did.

Reply to
IMM

I'm devastated.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You are? My oh my, from a man who has no shame I hear this.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Sorry mate, I have employees to do that

Reply to
geoff

Maybe his imagination runs wild at the thought of the legs on those capacitors

Reply to
geoff

In message , IMM writes

he claims to be in the heating industry and can't even spell Vaillant

Reply to
geoff