Alpha CB24X Combi Boiler

Hi Everyone

I am currently having issues with this boiler. The boiler works perfectly with the central heating however when using the hot taps in the house the water that comes out is not fully heated and the temperature varies from hot to luke warm.

The boiler has been reset and the taps turned at different rates to see if the flow has any affect - it doesn't.

I am assuming that a thermostat or temperature gauge has gone. Is this a common problem? Is the solution simple to implement.

Many thanks

Reply to
Longmansteve

Depends, I was surprised to find my Vaillant didn't heat the water to the demanded temperature, it simply heated it up by X Celsius, depending on how far you turned the dial. There are several temperature sense thermistors, but the one in the DHW loop only senses an overheat condition ( >65C ) to prevent scalding.

If your boiler works the same way (?) the thermistor would have to fail in such a way as to make the boiler think that luke warm water was an overheat....

Thermistors are easy to test, there are standard versions, often 2000 Ohms at 25C is a typical value. I think you ought to consider other possibilities for your symptoms though. The diverter valve may not work properly on the DHW side so allowing only a little heat through to the DHW heat exchanger for instance.

Have you a boiler manual? Have you a voltmeter? Do your CH pipes get hot when you turn the HW on? Try that test when the CH is off so you can easily feel if hot water is entering the CH system when it shouldn't be.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Now you mention it - I have noticed that the radiators have been warm in the house when the heating has been turned off. At the time I had thought it was some kind of maintainance function but you may have hit the nail on the head.

I have downloaded boiler manual, I have volt meter. I will do the test and check this weekend.

Cheers! :-)

Andy wrote:

Reply to
Longmansteve

In message , Andy writes

That's news to me - which model is that then ?

Stil confused here

The standard thermistor used in most boilers is 10kohms, some use

100k,some use 1meg. Is yours a Sine 18 ? I can't remember what that uses offhand, but I can't think of any other boiler which might possibly use a 2k NTC.
Reply to
raden

In message , Longmansteve writes

Be careful his values are all to c*ck and understanding a bit flawed

The inst. manual should be more reliable

Reply to
raden