Re: B&Q Bans overcharged customer

Also sprach MikeT :-

Bloody punctuating rays!

Reply to
Guy King

That should be "none has an apostrophe in it", none being a contraction of "not one" - you wouldn't say "one of them are ..."

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , Rob Morley writes

...different from, not to, please.

Differences diverge, similarities converge

Different from, similar to

Reply to
Peter Thomas

I was thumbing through the local freeby paper and came across this:

Your local legal consultant, who is an underwritten member of the Society of Will Writers' and Association of Lawyers' can call and advise you in the comfort of your home on how best to protect your family,property and loved ones.

I immediately gooved of Coj. I also didn't goove of them writing /my/ will.

What I tryped in above was carefully checked against the original for trypos introduced by me and found to be lacking.

Reply to
Bräïn

Are we going to move on to the frequent (mis)use of an rather than a by much of the media - typically such as an hotel?

Reply to
John

Didn't Dai the Bread live in a downstairs flat? And wan't his upstairs neighbour, the Rev. Evans, known to all as Evans Above?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Or one I have heard frequently on television...."all the corners of the globe". This was a standard schoolboy joke in my day

And people who are 'looking' to do things, looking to buy etc. Ugly, ugly lazy expression

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

I unferget hearing on the GI "and here they come, from all corners of the globe, from Korea, from China, from Japan ..."

Reply to
coj

Not to mention 'meeting with' others...

Reply to
Bob Eager

+# Me in my small corner, And you in yours.
Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades