Re: Any opinions on Rayburn or Alpha range cookers/boilers?

Very difficult to find anyone to service Alpha s very expensive too last service £1500 2 years ago and now needs another service.

Reply to
sally

A quick gander around the web shows that you run a photography business, I hope your ability to read the settings on your camera is better than than your ability to read the date of the question to which you were replying. It was asked 16 years ago.

GH

Reply to
Marland

If it had cost me £1500 for a cooker service, I'd be cross, too. I'm not surprised she's taking every opportunity to mention it.

Reply to
GB

somepone posted something that some eejit has just replied to

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are extremely inefficient. Only there to be seen. Pretty useless in fact. Most people have a conventional cooker next to them.

Reply to
harry

Thank f*ck you've replied, he's been waiting 16 years for some advice on the matter, now he can go ahead and get a gas cooker.

Reply to
Alan

Three years later, and I'm thinking of buying a house with an Alpha. Interesting thread - it's never too late to say thank you :)

Reply to
Stuart Pembery

Three years ago we had an oil fired Rayburn 680KCD installed replacing a

10 year old oil boiler. No regrets whatsoever. It contains two condensing oil burners, one 80,000 Btu heats the water and central heating far more efficiently than the boiler it replaced, the second heats the cooker as and when needed.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers