Raised curb - permission ?

I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2" curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I think it would all have to be on your land as the road belongs to the county highways authority who won't take kindly to modifications. If you damage it, they are likely to sue for the cost of putting it back as it was. If the run off won't do any damage elsewhere I can't see a problem.

john2

Reply to
john2

Is the land definitely yours? Does the verge form part of the public highway?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Chances are they will not notice.