zinc plated coachscrews in stainless fittings?

I need to fix a stainless steel surface mounting bracket for a newel post onto my floor.

Can I use standard zinc-coated steel coachscrews to fix this down into the joists?

or should I try and get hold of stainless steel coachscrews? (worried about corrosion between dissimilar metals)

TIA

Jim

Reply to
jimm

Galvanised should be fine.

Its not as though its likely to be in a hugely damp environment is it?

Unless you have a dog with a penchant for newel posts....;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's reassuring - thanks! (if I had a dog, would I have needed a 'lab' report ;-)

Reply to
jimm