radio adverts

few radio adverts on at the moment with sound alike voices....johnny rotten hearing aids David tennant builders stuff? ....is that legal or are they genuine? ...

Reply to
Just Jim Dandy

me

Reply to
just jim dandy

Well, I don't think you can stop sound alikes unless they are designed in some way to malign the character of said person, even then, impressionists still make a lot of money from this as indeed do the producers of Spitting Image amongst other shows. David Tennent is an actor and has voiced commercials for many years, including banks I seem to recall. Its a job like any other. They guy who plays Lewis on TV does a lot of elderly insurance adds on both radio and tv, I'm sure there are many others. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Well you could ask them, Certainly David is on Twitter, but really as has been said, who the heck cares, if somebody has a distinctive voice then we are sophisticated enough to know its just a job and not an endorsement of the product. I thought Johnny Rotten had died? If you listen to some old radio from America, such as Dragnet you will note that they advertised cigarettes , and the actual actors did the commercials. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

....and they all sounded as though they had cancer of the throat.

Reply to
jon