Question re connector block

I have one live in and 3 lives out. Can I twist the 3 lives together and put into the block OR can I put the single wires in to seperate screws on the connector and use a bridge connection? Or should I connect the 1st LED and then take wires from there to the

2nd and then from the 2nd to the 3rd.

The outgoing wires are to 12w LEDs.

Reply to
ss

Whatever you want as long as the wires fit into the holes - and with the proviso that the LEDs are intended for parallel connection (some require series connection to the driver)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The LEDs all have individual drivers, does that make a difference?

Reply to
ss

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

You can do whatever works in which case... I am not a fan of twisting wires that are held in terminals (makes separation for testing harder), but there is nothing wrong with several wires in one terminal.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ordinary connector block with pairs of screws per section?

I'd put two wires in one end, two wires in the other untwisted and if possible long enough so that both screws tighten onto all four wires.

The jumper between sections is acceptable but I'd rather a bigger terminal block that can take the four straight wires as above.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That looks like a better way, thanks

Reply to
ss

En el artículo , Dave Liquorice escribió:

+1. I try and ensure all wires pass under both terminal screws. Makes for a sounder (electrical and mechanical) connection IMO. Same for butt crimps - I use a crimp that allows me to overlap the wire ends within the crimp body.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

All are ok. Its good practice to pull & waggle the wires to ensure they're gripped effectively.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

you mean there are people who don't do that?

Reply to
charles

There are still people using wire nuts....

Meanwhile in the 21st century:

Adam Aglionby

I have used those a couple of times and for some reason I dont like them as a permanent connection. (I dont know why)

Useful though when I buy something electrical like LEd panels to do a quick check that they are working or when I rigged up my LED floodlamps/PIRs indoors to check they were ok.

Reply to
ss

+1, saves loads of time
Reply to
newshound

Compare them against your other options, multiple conductors into a single screw terminal, if you size up the block to take multiple conductors , chan ces of some slipping to side of screw increase. Specially when mixing condu ctor sizes. Leaf spring terminals are worth that bit extra.

Seen plenty of melted choc bloc due to poor contact

Crimps are good if well made with a decent tool and an accident waiting to happen if not.

Puzzles me why there appears to be no common , insulated , commoning choc b loc until Wago came along.

It`s what your used to suppose , for me have a used a lot of Wago stuff for LEDs,repatching is easy and they are an absolute boon for modules that hav e to go into ceilings, no fiddling with a screwdriver :-) Mechanics keep as king for a few now as well.

Super duper new 221 series is see through

Adam Aglionby

Oh yes.

NT

Reply to