Question for Moderator

OY!

Upper class pikey IF you don't mind, blind so and so!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I just tried news-text.blueyonder.co.uk. Whereas the previous newsgroup offers me about 1850 headers, the text version offers over 200,000.

Tried downloading just a few thousand, but it delivers the oldest ones first - from 2004. Downloaded them all and am struggling to delete them in bulk. The oldest ones have to go because the system freezes if I try to sort 200,000 headers.

Reply to
Steve

Mine keeps everything until I delete it.

And yet it's damned by the know-alls.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|DJC wrote: |> Steve wrote: |> |>>>> There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it |>>>> in reply to another thread, so I knew where to look for it. Although |>>>> the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird |>>>> thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post |>>>> is not visible at all, although the replies are. |>>>>

I ditch everything automatically after a month with Agent. Anything from before that I use Google groups.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop