PVCu Door Frame

Hi All

I've been asked to fit a PVCu door & frame into a brickwork opening. Frame seems to be entirely PVCu and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to fix the hinges.

I can't imagine that a PVCu frame will be strong enough to screw the hinges to - or will it?

The door & frame where bought at auction, apparently surplus to requirements at an up market development, so there could be bits missing.

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cut out the rear face of the frame where the hinges are to be placed. Leave the front face intact. Add a suitable size wooden "Insert" into the cavity behind the front face and screw the door hinges into/through using frame fixings all the way into the brickwork. Frame fixings elsewhere will be fine. Fill any cavity with expanding foam if required and seal off with mastic.

Reply to
Me here