Removing Hinges from Commercial Door Frame?

Statement one: make absolutely sure that you have a #3 Phillips screw driver. Do NOT attempt with a #2. If you still do not have enough strength to start the screws, buy one of these:

You can get a really cheap version at Harbor Freight or an auto parts store. The auto parts may lend/rent you one.

DanG

I am helping a friend move a door from one opening in his office area to another. The second opening doesn't have hinges on the door frame, so we have to move them from the first opening.

The door frame is metal. I am having a heck of a time getting the screws loosened. Is there any secret to removing the hinge screws from metal, commercial door frames?

Thanks - Jim

Reply to
Jim Wheeler