PVA glue

A Youtuber claims to use PVA and superglue together. Lay down the PVA and then add superglue, Brting the joint together and the instanmt action of the superglue removes the need to use cramps . Really ?

Reply to
fred

Never tried it. Give it a go and report back.

Reply to
harry

fred pretended :

Water/moisture sets up superglue very quickly. PVA contains water, so it would set near instantly, but likely quicker than you could bring two parts together. PVA the parts, bring them together, then wick the superglue in the joint - might work.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've used superglue (for adhesion) and heat-sink compound on the same surfaces, but carfully applied where each would have maximum effect, not mixed together.

I can see how a wood joint using PVA and superglue might work using the same principle.

Reply to
Graham.

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Graham. snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes

I would have thought that the heatsink compound would be guaranteed to make the superglue fail to stick - but...... if you say so.......... !

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I can't make superglue stick to anything so that would hardly be news.

Reply to
Chris Green

The idea is you don't let them mix - just have a couple of small spots of CA glue to hold it together while the PVA cures.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd not want to be sitting on any of his chairs then.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I use a mitre bond activator with superglue, it really does stick in a second or so.

AIUI anything alkaline will make superglue set fast while acids stop it setting.

Reply to
invalid

I'm wondering how it's done. Wipe pva on one side except a centre area, dot of cyano on the centre of the other bit? Anything else & I'd think the cyano would meet wet pva rather than wood.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr