PVA glue

A Youtuber claims to use PVA and superglue together. Lay down the PVA and then add superglue, Brting the joint together and the instanmt action of the superglue removes the need to use cramps . Really ?
On Friday, 11 January 2019 15:46:33 UTC, fred wrote:

Never tried it. Give it a go and report back.
fred pretended :

Water/moisture sets up superglue very quickly. PVA contains water, so it would set near instantly, but likely quicker than you could bring two parts together. PVA the parts, bring them together, then wick the superglue in the joint - might work.

I've used superglue (for adhesion) and heat-sink compound on the same surfaces, but carfully applied where each would have maximum effect, not mixed together.
I can see how a wood joint using PVA and superglue might work using the same principle.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I would have thought that the heatsink compound would be guaranteed to make the superglue fail to stick - but...... if you say so.......... !

--
Ian

I can't make superglue stick to anything so that would hardly be news.
--
Chris Green
·

On 11/01/2019 17:40, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The idea is you don't let them mix - just have a couple of small spots of CA glue to hold it together while the PVA cures.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 11/01/2019 21:35, John Rumm wrote:

I use a mitre bond activator with superglue, it really does stick in a second or so.
AIUI anything alkaline will make superglue set fast while acids stop it setting.
I'd not want to be sitting on any of his chairs then.
Brian
--
----- --
On Friday, 11 January 2019 15:46:33 UTC, fred wrote:

I'm wondering how it's done. Wipe pva on one side except a centre area, dot of cyano on the centre of the other bit? Anything else & I'd think the cyano would meet wet pva rather than wood.
NT