PV arrays and snow.

Now the snow season is nigh,I was just thinking. On my house I have fake slates and large masses of snow often slip off.

On tiled (esp.concrete tile) roofs it generally stays on and melts in situ. However if you have fitted and array it is an ideal avalanch machine. Air at zero+ passing under it will melt the snow attachment and hey presto a really good avalanch.

Reply to
harry

Yes - not good for any guttering that might happen to get in the way :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

harry is so rich from the FIT that he can afford it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm not surprised.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's why roof snowboards were 'invented' and fitted at eaves level to control those avalanches!

You often see them where the old single-storey, glass-roofed conservatories or small extensions are fitted.

Cash.

Reply to
Cash

The last time you tried to think you just talked bollocks.

Reply to
ARWadsworth