The barn rebuild

For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created. Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for three years.

regards

Tim Lamb

Tim, that's inspirational. And my word, I envy you all that space. My garage-to-workshop conversion has proceeded in a series of fits and starts: since I couldn't empty the garage completely, I've been lining out the walls a bit at a time, shuffling the entire contents around as I went...

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Well done that man!

I like the presence of plenty of old gahoofing great big British woodworking machines.

Care to list what you've got?

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

Far too tidy :-)

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

If you insist...

The Meddings bench drill from Fourdrop. Sedgewick morticer. Sedgewick 6" cut table saw. Wadkin Bursgreen pullover saw Wadkin Bursgreen bandsaw Startrite SD310 planer/thicknesser

On the metalwork side...

Kingsland 48" sheet metal folder Progress 7/8" pillar drill Boxford 41/2" centre lathe

None of the above has even been shown DC injection braking so I don't plan to employ anyone!

If you want seriously old I have a Cooksley 6" (3hp, 3ph) cut table saw gathering dust.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , MuddyMike writes

Just temporary.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Ah, but we don't see the tea prep area and comfy chair :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh I envy you all that space and 3ph as well. In my dreams

No windows (Except up high at rear ?), just rooflights so the scum cant see in with an eye to rob and it frees up all the wall space for storage. I did the same.

How will you weather proof the door ?

What's the purpose of the extra stanchions visible in the first bay of the image of the portal frame. I notice a break in the roof-line there as well. Have you joined it up to the shed next door ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

That new look.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But well done.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Indeed. I shall have to cultivate his acquaintance..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now that is nice:))...

Reply to
tony sayer

Buy a farm:-)

Next job is to cut up some old steel hurdles to provide bars for the windows.

It has a substantial projecting *drip* at the top. The entrance falls slightly away from the building so I don't expect too much puddling. Sealing steel fabricated doors is an unrewarding activity.

The building design is 30' x 45'. Unfortunately this footprint overlaps the neighbouring barn so I got the frame makers to chop the corner off. The drawings came with a raft of structural engineering calcs.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

About 50 miles door to door:-)