pumping domestic hot water

I want to greatly improve the pisspoor hot water to all of the taps in my sisters house. It's a bungalow and the cistern that feeds the HWC is 1.5 metres above and to the side by a couple of metres. Moving the cistern is not an option. Using a stuart turner 1.4 bar single pump and a warix flange so the pump doesn't try to pump bubbles, how do I join into the hot water outlet/vent pipe? Thanks

Reply to
wounded horse

You will have to cap off/replace the existing outlet/vent so it becomes just a vent, then take off from the warix flange to the pump and then to the current hot supply.

Check also what the max temp is to the pump some are limited to 55 deg C so a Temp regulator might need to be fitted.

Reply to
Dave Jones

"wounded horse" wrote in news:G3FAd.621$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net:

I did something like this last year, and put my pump (Grundfos booster) in the HW outlet of the cylinder.

If I read your post correctly, you're considering putting the pump in the cold water feed to the cylinder, and I don't think that's the correct way.

When I was considering it, I asked in this ng the question that was bothering me - if I pump *out* of the cylinder to increase flow, how does the water to replace it get *in* to the cylinder, and the wiseacres (fergotten who they are now) explained that I must make sure the flow in is good, by having 22 or 28 mm pipes, minimal length and as few sharp bend as possible from the CW tank to the cistern.

I did and it works a treat

mike

Reply to
mike ring