pumped shower

Need a definitive answer on this. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am proposing to fit a dual impeller Stuart Turner pump drawing off a tapped cold cistern supply in the roof space. The head above the shower head will be about 2 metres. The hot will be drawn from a surrey flange on the top of the vented hot water cylinder. Might even fit a new HWC with a dedicated hot feed out on the side for the hot supply to the shower pump. The pump looks like having to be located in the airing cupboard next to the hot cylinder as there is plenty of room and it is in the preferred area. Is it then OK to take the pumped hot and cold supplies to the thermostatic mixer in the bathroom back up into the roofspace, along approximately 2 metres and then down throught the bathroom ceiling plasterboard and to the wall mounted mixer. This is easier by a huge margin than lifting the landing floorboards and notching the joists, into the bathroom and to the mixer from below. The electricity supply is also easier in the HWC cupboard than in the roofspace.

Thanks for reading this far

Glyn

Reply to
wounded horse

This should be fine. Try to make the runs 22mm throughout apart from the very last short piece to the shower valve if the connections to it are 15mm.

You could also talk to Stuart Turner's technical support in Henley on Thames. They are very helpful and as you've discerned, make good products.

I recently needed to get a spare part for my pump (a new relay) and went over there. You can get spare parts for their products going back to the mists of time either individually or as service kits and prices are quite reasonable.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall