pump and circumstance

You have to inform the BCO now. Part W - or did you miss all the discussion on that? Don't forget part T on tin extraction.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not my precious tin!

Reply to
Grunff

You only need one for new installations. And there are exemptions in many areas anyway where they're only too glad for you to take some water out of the ground.

Reply to
Mike

I thought that only dealt with digging a new well, not using an existing one. They need to test for contaminates in the surrounding ground before they allow any water, be it for human or animal consumption, or even just watering plants, to be extracted without these tests being done. It's more to do with health and safety aspect rather than the actual construction of the bore hole I thought.

Reply to
BigWallop

So part P is really all about taking the P...

Reply to
John

Yup, but you dont need any extra equipment to start the syphon action. Put all the tube under surface of fuel, with just an inch or so out of the fuel, and put thumb securely over tube end. Now move tube end to its destination and remove thumb.

What is a jiggle pump? Google returns no hits.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

This time (on my newsreader) NT's post appears in the right place but without the "Re:"

Any ideas what google is on ?

Reply to
Mike

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:57:22 -0000, "Mike" strung together this:

Your "newsreader" doesn't follow convention. Anyone with a proper newsreader will have problems.

Reply to
Lurch

It does usually, but not this once. Strange.

Reply to
Mike

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:04:47 -0000, "Mike" strung together this:

If you haven't changed anything then it is strange. There is a setting in OE that groups messages by title rather than reference, maybe that's it. MS stuff does have a habit of changing itself every now again for no reason whatsoever.

Reply to
Lurch

Fwom:Lurch ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:04:47 -0000, "Mike" strung together this:

setting

Thats sounds like a good idea. Google normally says 'Unable to retrieve message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com' even though I just read it courtesy of Gurgle, but one time yesterday it worked, so probably put the right headers in for once.

I mean to get a better system up, but really have a whole bunch of more pressing things... tis life for the round tuit starved among us.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On 9 Jan 2005 03:35:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) strung together this:

Rather than wasting your time ruining usenet how about spending 1/2 an hour setting up Forte Free Agent and a news account with individual.net. If you've got so little time how come you can spend time wading through Google Groups, a proper newsreader would be quicker.

I can't see your logic behind this one, I don't think you should be contibuting anymore until you sort yourself out, you're a mess.

Reply to
Lurch

And in the mean time everyone has to suffer your inconsiderate use of Google for the purpose of your anonymity. PRAT and re-plonked.

Reply to
Mark

it seems that the term is a local one - that's what it was named to me and that's what my kids call it too - however: while googling for it; I encountered the following URL: -

Transfer Pump SO-MD37695 Price:£7.59

An all-plastic manual pump for siphoning fuel.

Tap on one end of tube, and cup with ball bearing valve on the other - ideal for no-mess transfers.

[I have no connection with the company or product] It seems to be a more sophisticated ^W expensive version of the more generic 'fluid' pump but shares a similar corrugated concertina pump chamber that I'm familiar with. Perhaps it's aimed at power-boat owners who are notorious for their indifference to money ... and their wakes!
Reply to
Brian Sharrock

So you annoy a large fraction of those reading, instead, by breaking threads you post t.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I think you mean 'paranoia'...

Reply to
Bob Eager

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember david thorpe saying something like:

ON/OFF leverarm ballvalve on each one to a common outlet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon