Pull saw

If you're ever going to buy a pull saw? don't buy one named...

Tradesman *Super Hardpoint* Handsaw, as its about as usefull as a fridge to an Eskimo.

Me will take it back tomorrow and sling it at the blokey that knows sod all about saws as he made out to be.

Grrr.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

What's it not doing?

Reply to
Guy King

What it should do...carve the meat.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

You're supposed to keep your fingers well clear.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm making this fire surround and my router needs new brushes,sent off for them but need to crack on as time is importent. Anyway I need to cut the bottom legs square,I'd much rather use me router but have to use a pull saw. I havn't used a pull saw in years and was looking for a *sandvik* but trying to get one locally was trying to find a needle in a haystack.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Reply to
Guy King

Why should anyone care about the wallpaper in the spare room(my workshop). :-P

You like the fire surround,I can tell. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

So much so I was dazzled and had to look away - to the wallpaper!

Reply to
Guy King

first of all I'm not an expert in saws, bought a couple of cheap ones now and again .

(pull saws) I always thought they were a bit gimicky , however our local netto had some in for a tenner, and I thought "what the heck"

sails through most things with ease, very neat cut. Father in law borrowed it and commented on how good it was .

Moral of this story ? Buy your hand tools at netto :)

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

Heh! a stanley saw will set you back a tenner,why would I want to trek 4 miles for my nearest netto?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

On 20 Jul 2006 06:05:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com had this to say:

I read that as :- "our local ghetto"

Reply to
Frank Erskine

no our local ghetto only sells crack cocain and late model bmws :)

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

Nice job. Is it from a plan? Or did you design it yourself?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Designed it myself, however sometimes you need inspiration so went looking at some over the net.

I had spare spindles left over from the stair ones I replaced and thought about cutting them in half for the legs of the surround as moldings where far too expensive.

Its cost me my time and 35GBP even cheaper than those MDF sad jobs you can pick up for 45GBP?

Will post a pic when finished.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Erm! *mouldings* lol

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Perhaps he's gone all transpondian.

For lovers of Bush cruelty...

Guy King

I didn't realise you were so talented.

You could get employment as a handyman with such craftsmanship.

:(

-
Reply to
Mark

lol been there done that worked for 2 major estate agents. I could tell you a few stories that would put private landlords off having them managing their properties.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby