Proposal to change name of this group

Proposal to change name of this group -

From D-I-Y to 'call son-in-law up on a hot evening when the bloody tap has been running all day and get him to fix it now because it's been left for 12 hours without the old biddy mentioning anything and cannot wait until the morning'.

See you all later.

Reply to
GB

Oh dear, Nurse the screens.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It turned out, after I had got together all my plumbing gear and driven over, that she couldn't turn the tap. So, I did that and came home.

The tap in question has an outsize round handle and is marked 'thermostatic'. It's for the shower over her bath. I took the handle off and it has quite a large spline inside. How do I find a lever handle that will match the spline?

And by the way, I noticed that her porch is falling down and needs urgent rebuilding. That's not my sort of DIY. So, I need a builder who can rebuild that for her. Any recommendations - around NW2?

Reply to
GB

Looks a bit like one of these, but 15 years old.

GB

In message , Brian Gaff writes

What's wrong with the screens?

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

In article , GB writes

MIL clearly fancies you, long hot day gets you down to shorts/trunks, tap flowing all day gets the work area good and wet for 'accidental' slips and transparent clothing. I'd watch yourself.

Reply to
fred

Graham.

Aye

Reply to
WeeBob

Not Steve Wyatt.

Me: If galss is broken will it be replaced at your expense?

Wyatt: I can assure you it won't break.

The glass gets broken and replacement glass will cost ninety-something pounds. Wyatt graciously offers to charge me fifty pounds.

Nor did he do the job he said he's do.

I cannot comment of his competence as a tradesman, but I can tell you he's a liar.

Reply to
Peter Percival