I never ask, but I have to this time...................

I NEVER ask anyone for anything other than seeds, or a tuber or a root or bulb, but I have to this time...........

My granddaughters live in Kenner, Louisiana. (actually their address is Destrahan, but when you find their house on the NOAA satellite high resolution page, it's listed as Kenner) Their mama and step dad probably left Sunday before the hurricane hit New Orleans. My ex-daughter in law has NEVER called me, or my son to let us know they're safe up in Texas (which is probably where they are), or wherever they wound up. Because of this,you can imagine the stress and tears we're experiencing at the house, and as I got home today from getting a molar extracted that was so infected I am deaf in the right ear right now, I walk up the NSSG mini deck, bloody, stressed from the extraction (the dentist is a yank doctor, one does what one has to do, at least now I have antibiotics for the infection,) my oldest son comes out the door to inform me that his little brother is adamant about going to New Orleans. He won't be talked out of it. He wants all my gas cans, my chain saws and some of his dad's tools. He's leaving in the morning. (Thursday)

I need to ask those of you who believe this in your hearts to say a prayer for my head strong son who is determined to go down there come hell or the high waters to help out (which I don't care, I approve of this, he's just being extremely emotional right now, as are we, actually) that he arrive safely, and that he will return safely and unharmed.

I will NOT talk him out of this. I have a feeling he'll get down there and discover that martial law is strictly enforced and unless he can show some sort of documents allowing him inside the area, I think they won't let him in. We'll see.

This disaster has changed a lot of us, and it hasn't even gotten cranked up yet. I won't go there. There are too many things I know for facts that aren't being shown or said. I just ask that your prayers go out to Damon that he get there, and somewhere, somehow he'll discover that his daughters are alright and have been safe the whole time, and he'll get out of the area mostly intact once he is allowed to clean up, help out or whatever he can do for the victims down there.. I know he'll be changed by it.

Thank you for your patience with me. Now I'm off to pass out and bleed all over my pillow.

madgardener up in Eastern Tennessee

Reply to
madgardener

BetsyB

I live near. That area may not be so bad. And for them calling, the phones are wacky, ever so wacky. My home phone can only call and rec'v local. My cell is dead. Communication at its best is spotty. Err on the side, that "no news is good news".

Reply to
Perry Templeton

Reply to
madgardener