How many uk.d-i-y members does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many uk.d-i-y members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed. 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently. 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs. 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs. 53 to flame the spell checkers. 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames. 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp". 15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly acceptable 109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped. 111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group. 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty. 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs. 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's. 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group. 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too". 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy. 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three". 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ. 44 to ask what is a "FAQ". 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?" 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs". 1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Happy Christmas!

Reply to
Muddymike

[37 lines snipped]

*Applause*
Reply to
Huge

Another one to follow up from homeowners hub in ten years' time, resulting in the usual opprobrium :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

You beat me to it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You forgot .. Warm light, Cool light, Daylight or any other obscure colour temperature.

Oh and for the sparks, those silly low energy fittings that they seem to fit in new houses, which don't seem to accept anything available on the high street.

PS I bought 4 Warm (2700k) halogen R63 eds bulbs that I noticed in our local Sainburys 'hidden in the corner' reductions shelf for £1 each. When I paid, the till thought they were buy 3 for the price of 2, so even cheaper. Local electrical shop sells packs of

2 for £5, and only rated at half the lifetime of the Sainsburys bulbs/lamps.

Perfect for the anglepoise, and it keeps my mouse hand warm as well.

(And packs of organic cocoa reduced from £3.60 to 20p as well, yum).

Reply to
Andrew

In article , Muddymike writes

And one to point out that Harry never reads the links he posts and his had f*ck all to do with light bulbs.

Reply to
bert

On 19/12/16 14:17, bert wrote: [...]

I volunteer to be that person.

Tim W

Reply to
TimW

But the thread will really get going if somebody mentions the EU or migration.

Oh no! That's done it.

Reply to
GB

How many brexiters does it take to change a light bulb?

WE NEVER SAID THERE WAS A LIGHTBULB!

Reply to
TimW

Zero. They intend leaving it to others to do. So they can blame them when it all goes wrong.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And at least one to post that the plural of URL is URLs and not URL's.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Join the Society Againt the missuse of the apostrophe

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Or a Lamp into a Luminaire.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

DerbyBorn wrote in news:XnsA6E39C6CAF9C8TrainJPlantntlworldc@81.171.92.236:

Sorry - I proved a point!!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

En el artículo , Malcolm Race escribió:

Join the Society against the misspelling of the word 'misuse'.

:)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

One to hold the lightbulb and another 17m to screw the whole country

Reply to
TimW

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You forgot the 43 who debate the effect the new lightbulb will or won't have on global warming.

Most definitely, to all (including Harry, bless his cotton socks)!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Another piece of Remoaner propaganda!

Reply to