Changing a light bulb

How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

20 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

18 to flame the spell checkers.

31 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp."

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

40 to ask what is a "FAQ?"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post a month from now and start it all over again.

LATE ADDITION!!!!

*** .. 1 hostie.. to go in and edit the inappropriate language and ill feeling ..

;))))))))))))))))))))))))

Reply to
jay

And one to top post and infuriate 10 others!

Reply to
Colin M

"Colin M" wrote in news:3f9045f8$1_2@mk- nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

By that I suppose you mean both of them

Reply to
mike ring

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

;o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

1 to come in and just say. ROFL !!! :-))
Reply to
BigWallop

and one to come in and say (see above)

Reply to
BigWallop

Yes. Of course it depends on how much 'news' you read. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

This isn't a binary group though! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

And presumably once it's been read it becomes 'olds'

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Of course, for it is the lore. :o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Pratchett?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd used that line, but in this case it was just a thought that occurred to me :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy