prog's

what happened to paradox for windows?

Reply to
Maurice Hood

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:32:16 +0000 (UTC), "Maurice Hood" strung together this:

I was thinking that the other day. Maybe you should have worded that differently or used the letters OT: somewhere in the title though.

Reply to
Lurch

you need a copy of Paradox, or do you just need to extract the data from some old .db files?

Borland Paradox is no more (they've even stopped developing the BDE - Borland Database Engine), but you should be able to get Paradox with the Corel office suite, since that's who they sold it to.

Getting the data out is normally quite easy, and doesn't require the orginal software.

Reply to
Jeremy Collins

Hopefully it's dead. It was awful.

Reply to
Hywel

Yup, but there's still a lot of data out there stored in that format. (Including data that's been repeatedly corrupted and repaired thanks to using Paradox as a network database ;-)

Reply to
Jeremy Collins

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:36:10 +0100, Lurch strung together this:

On the subject of old software and machines I stumled across this, and I thought I spent too much time arsing around with projects that weren't quite in the "sane" arena!

Lurch

What's parrotdox then?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Vet?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Corel have just released Pdoxwin 12, comes with WPoffice Professional. I use Pdoxwin 11 a lot. Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh