Size of worktop hole for hobs

Hi all,

We currently have an elderly electric hob, which eventually we're intending to replace with a shiny new gas one.

However we're not likely to be able to afford this soon (it's more complicated than it sounds as the gas meter has been removed at some point) and I'd like to replace the kitchen worktop in the meantime.

If I do this and cut a hole for the current electric hob, how likely is this hole to be the same size I'll need for the gas hob? Is the hole size standard for all hobs?

Cheers

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:35:31 +0100, Charlie strung together this:

Depends how big the hole is for the hob you've got compared to the hob you want to get. Try the phsycic helpline.

No.

Reply to
Lurch