Built in Gas Hobs

Hello

We've started thinking about replacing our gas hob which is a Cannon built in unit. The existing unit is built into our worktop (which we're also wanting to replace) and has a lid which effectively increases the available worktop when closed.

Browsing the Cannon site, it appears that they no longer market this type of hob. Strange thing is, I've not been able to find one anywhere else on the web either. Can anyone recommend a model/manufacturer for this type of hob - i.e. built in with a glass closing lid?

Or is it possible that the regulations have changed and this design is no longer permitted?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

"Pete" wrote in news:bscvcn$5sj$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

I had this problem and could not solve it - Her next door has a freestanding cooker which I liked because the top not only covers the hob but turns off the gas when lowered, a safety feature I really liked.

But I looked everywhere for a built in one with this feature, and couldn't find one.

It is much more dangerous because it is far from obvious if a burner is low or off, or even lit, with the old leccy one, a quick glance a t the big red light on the switch unit before leaving the house would tell me if the cooker was isolated.

I expect the #EU has found yet another good thing to ban

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH, It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.

Lee Blaver

Update, this site:

says that the lid does cut off the gas. But, since they sell it for £104, it would suggest that it isn't very well built :(

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Ignore that ^^^^^^ about the price - must learn to read properly!! I'll be going now ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Whaaat-£239 at Comet and £104 at that other place ??????

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Ah-I didnt see this bit >>>

Whirlpool Appliances To buy from this section you must have bought an oven and hob pack and you can then upgrade to another hob or add any other appliance at a reduced price. You can also add appliances from any other manufacturers package deals other than from sections headed "Special packs"

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Wasn't just me then :) :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Thanks for the responses.

Not too keen on the Whirlpool model, but I guess it does show that the design is still permissible. We'll keep looking.

Thanks Pete

Reply to
Pete