Profile copying

Whats the easiest way to transfer the profile of a wall to a plasterboard edge?

Reply to
Richard 3rd

The easiest method I ever saw consisted of butting up the plasterboard to the wall, ensuring it was vertical.

Then a pencil was passed through the centre on a thread bobbin. The bobbin was pressed against the wall and slowly dragged down while the pencil transferred the imperfections onto the plasterboard sheet.

A compass can be used in a similar fashion if the gaps are too big.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Why do you want to? If you are building a stud partition which is going to be skimmed and which meets an existing wall, the plasterboard doesn't have to meet exactly - the plaster will fill the gap.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Like the thread bobbin method - cheap!

Incidentally, Axminster sell a really good pair of dividers for this purpose - they're about 8" long and solidly built, with a locking screw so that they don't move at all during the scribing operation.

I got sick of my old pair moving about mid-scribe...

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS